From: Peter Leftwich (HostmasterVideo2Video.Com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 02:23:43 CDT

    On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Crist J. Clark wrote:
    > PL> # mv /usr/bin/ssh /usr/bin/ssh_2.9_old_dont_use
    > PL> # ln -s /usr/local/bin/ssh /usr/bin/ssh
    > PL> I guess that last line isn't really necessary if I adjust my $PATH, huh?
    > Probably, the "cleanest" thing to do is define a shell alias (assuming you use a shell that supports them),
    > $ alias ssh /usr/loca/bin/ssh
    > Would be the csh(1)-ish way to do it.
    > Crist J. Clark | cjclarkalum.mit.edu,cjclarkjhu.edu
    > http://people.freebsd.org/~cjc/ | cjcfreebsd.org

    The "huh" was more of a thinking-aloud. Actually, I've already done:

    prompt$ echo $PATH

    ...and since this included /usr/local/bin I just rm'ed the ssh in /usr/bin
    then did `rehash` and `which ssh` and all is quite clean, even csh'y clean
    (I use tcsh). Thanks again.

    --
    Peter Leftwich
    President & Founder