From: SolarfluX (solarfluxziplip.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 09:33:59 CDT

    To see what's eating up space in your /var, try this as root (in /var, of course):

    du -Ha
    or
    du -Hah

    Run it several times to see if any numbers are increasing (maybe output the
    results to different files and then 'diff' them).
    Then use 'lsof' to see what's writing to the suspect location(s).
    You'll have to 'man lsof' to figure out the best output for your needs.
    This may not be an optimal method, but should get you headed in the right direction.

    BTW, phantasia is usually installed by default (depending on what type of
    nstallation you did), look in /usr/games for the rest.

    There is no 'pretty much turned off'... Either it's on or off. Don't run FTP, use SCP
    or SFTP. Use a portscanner to see what ports your system is advertising.

    To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomoFreeBSD.org