Re: Listening outside ipfw / program interface to ipfw

From: Rumen Telbizov (altarese-card.bg)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 03:07:22 CST

Hi

Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
>>2) Is there an api to ipfw that will let me manipulate rules, query
>>stats etc? I need something faster than running the command line binary?
>

> Yes, you should look at the ``SEE ALSO'' section in ipfw(8) manual page.
> ipfirewall(4) is what you are looking for, but looking at ipfw(8)
> source code might help too.

On what version of FreeBSD are you looking the
ipfirewall(4) man page?

Recently I needed the C api to ipfw, but it
turns out that ipfirewall(4) man page no longer
describes it. This is on 5.3-STABLE and 4.10-STABLE.
I also searched in google and I think I had found
a post saying that currently the only way to manipulate/use
firewall rules is via ifpw(8) command.

If someone can provide me a reference to the C api
of ipfw I will be thankfull.

Rumen Telbizov