Re: FreeBSD Security Survey

From: Matthew D. Fuller (fullermdover-yonder.net)
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 21:45:52 CDT

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 04:39:38AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Clemens Renner, and lo! it spake thus:

> For example, when upgrading MySQL -- even with mysql_enable=YES in
> rc.conf, portupgrade will stop the sever but not restart it. Is
> there any plausible reason for this behaviour?

In the interest of correctness, it's not portupgrade that stops it,
it's the base system pkg_delete(1). The same thing would happen if
you deleted the installed package manually. See the +CONTENTS file
for the package:

unexec %D/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh stop > /dev/null 2>&1 || true

--
Matthew Fuller (MF4839) | fullermdover-yonder.net
Systems/Network Administrator | http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/