Re: [Full-disclosure] CORE-Impact license bypass

From: c0ntex (c0ntexbgmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 14:36:41 CDT

CORE is a good product for what it does. Just as NMAP is and just like
Nessus is, though relying on them is probably not a good idea for an
audit. I rather do all pentesting by hand, nothing can compete against
that and I can't think of a time where I have ever used either Nessus
or CORE in an audit.

Never used CANVAS. I don't care for Automated exploit tools but
someone had CORE and I fancied a play as the CORE team are a pretty
interesting bunch of guys.

On 26/09/05, Josh Perrymon <perrymonjnetworkarmor.com> wrote:
> While on the topic of Impact...
>
> What do you see as the real value of the program?
> Is it just because it has all the exploits in there and it's GUI based?
>
> What can you do with it you cant do by hand?
>
> Also- how does it compare to CANVAS?
>
> JP

regards
c0ntex