Re: [Full-disclosure] place bets this doesn't appear on pro us government securityfocus frontpage

From: Robert Lemos (listsrobertlemos.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2007 - 09:21:21 CDT

On Sep 12, 2007, at 6:22 PM, Paul Schmehl wrote:

> --On Wednesday, September 12, 2007 21:18:43 +0100 hack the gov
> <hackthegovgooglemail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.reuters.com/article/internetNews/idUSPEK8648420070912
>>
>> you can bet this story won't turn up on the frontpage of
>> securityfocus
>> because we all know robert lemos and symantec are pro us government
>> f***wits who are on the payroll. yet, as soon as china does bad shit,
>> its published all over symantec. try getting an anti us government
>> post onto any of their mailing lists as well, you'll have a hard time
>> of it, but post something anti chinese government to their mailing
>> lists and it gets accepted by their dumbass moderators. welcome to
>> securityfocus.com. we're unbiased, honestly. just as long as you
>> support the us government that is.
>>
> Yeah, you can bet that article is just chock full of truth and
> honesty from the Chinese government too. I'm sure it's just pure
> coincidence that, after being accused of hacking almost every
> country in the world, they suddenly discover that they're being
> hacked as well.

In this case, without judging how truthful the Chinese are being,
it's an interesting addition to the meme of government hacks, so I
picked up the article. I gave a nod to hackthegov, since -- despite
his long-standing criticism of my work -- he pointed out the article.

-R

| robert lemos |
| editor-at-large | securityfocus |