Re: [Full-disclosure] Windows 7 UAC compromised

From: M.B.Jr. (marcio.barbadogmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2009 - 15:29:35 CST

Comments below.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Kevin Wilcox <kevintux.appstate.edu> wrote:
> 2009/2/5 Miller Grey <vigilantgregoriusgmail.com>:
>> No, it doesn't make sense...I don't think Redmond missed the point at all,
>> they're trying to introduce a concept totally new to the everyday user who,
>> like Valdis said, only "...wants his dancing hamster screensaver.", and will
>> blindly click any OK button that pops up. Ultimately, Valdis is right,
>> Redmond cares about profit, and creating an OS that is irritating to the
>> everyday jackass does not help their profits.
>
> Wait, so is he right when he said all they care about is profit, was
> he right when he said they intentionally missed it or both?

No, he isn't. But they're an enterprise, and they like money more than
good code. The Marxist product-based profit posture enforced in the
referred software vendor is a curse through which organizations let
quality go for the mere financial benefit of some banking accounts.
Agile methodologies and its horrible "extremme programming" (XP)
premises constitute a few examples.

--
Marcio Barbado, Jr.