Re: [Full-disclosure] Linux 2.6.30+/SELinux/RHEL5 test kernel 0day, exploiting the unexploitable

From: yersinia (yersinia.spirosgmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 17 2009 - 02:34:54 CDT

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 4:26 AM, Brad Spengler<spendergrsecurity.net> wrote:
> Title says it all, exploit is at:
> http://grsecurity.net/~spender/cheddar_bay.tgz
>
> Everything is described and explained in the exploit.c file.
> I exploit a bug that by looking at the source is unexploitable;
> I defeat the null ptr dereference protection in the kernel on
> both systems with SELinux and those without.
> I proceed to disable SELinux/AppArmor/LSM/auditing
>
> Exploit works on both 32bit and 64bit kernels.
>
> Links to videos of the exploit in action are present in the exploit
> code.

Awesome, very informative as usual. i have forwarded to dailydave - so
to permit sgrubb to pick it -.and oss security also.
BTW, would be nice and perhaps useful for the casual reader update
with this your comments on
http://magazine.redhat.com/2007/05/04/whats-new-in-selinux-for-red-hat-enterprise-linux-5/

Best regards