[Full-disclosure] [CAL-20100204-1]Adobe Shockwave Player Director File Parsing ATOM size infinite loop vulnerability

From: Code Audit Labs (vulnhuntgmail.com)
Date: Tue May 11 2010 - 20:37:49 CDT

  [CAL-20100204-1]Adobe Shockwave Player Director File Parsing ATOM size
infinite loop vulnerability

Affected Products
================= , and prior

CVE ID: CVE-2010-1282
CAL ID: CAL-20100204-1

Vulnerability Details

Code Audit Labs http://www.vulnhunt.com has discovered a vulnerability
 on vulnerable installations of Adobe's Shockwave Player. User
interaction is required in that a user must visit a malicious web site.

The specific flaw exists when the Shockwave player attempts to load a
specially crafted Adobe Director File.
Exploitation can lead to remote system high cpu load ( infinite loop).

Disclosure Timeline
2010-2-6 report to vendor
2010-2-7 vendor ask poc file
2010-2-7 we sent the poc file.
2010-2-8 vendor comfirm the issue.
2010-5-11 Coordinated public release of advisory.

About Code Audit Labs:
Code Audit Labs is department of VulnHunt company which provide a
professional security testing products / services / security consulting
and training ,we sincerely hope we can help your procudes to improve code
quality and safety.
WebSite http://www.VulnHunt.com ( online soon)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html