ISS/XForce Archives: RE: Multiple Security Engineers Sharing In

RE: Multiple Security Engineers Sharing Internet Scanner

Subject: RE: Multiple Security Engineers Sharing Internet Scanner
From: Brian Laing (blaingiss.net)
Date: Sat Dec 04 1999 - 02:27:28 CST

TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe issforum" in the body of your message to
majordomoiss.net Contact issforum-owneriss.net for help with any problems!

Gary,

        Internet Scanner is licensed by the IP range and number of hosts you are
scanning. If you have purchased say the range of 10.10.10.0-10.10.10.255,
then anyone you allow access to the software can scan that range. The
licenses are not tied to the User of Scanner at all just the hosts being
scanned.

Brian