Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 11:24:53 CST
Possibilites: Check the database patch,Answer ID = 722 in the ISS.net knowledge base:
CRITICAL PATCH: RealSecure 6.x Database Patch
This patch corrects a condition in the RealSecure 6.x Enterprise (ISSED) Database that causes events occuring after July 16, 2002 to be sent to the EventsRejected table.
This information applies to:
RealScure 6.x Enterprise (ISSED) Database
This patch will be included in RealSecure 6.5 on the July 2002 CD. This patch will not need to be applied if installing from this CD and later.
This patch corrects a condition in the RealSecure 6.x Enterprise (ISSED) Database that causes events occurring after July 16, 2002 to be sent to the EventsRejected table. If this patch has not been applied to an affected RealSecure 6.x Enterprise Database by July 16, 2002, a script is available from Internet Security Systems that will reload the rejected events into the permanent tables once this patch has been applied.
Before you apply this patch:
- locate the MSSQL Server containing the RealSecure 6.x Enterprise Database
- have the password for an administrator account on the MSSQL Server computer
- identify the name of the Enterprise Database (ISSED by default)
- verify that the MSSQL Server Service is running
- perform a full, cold backup of the Enterprise Database
- Download the attached file "RealSecure6.xDatabasePatch.exe"
APPLYING THE PATCH
1. Log on to the MSSQL Server computer containing the RealSecure 6.x Enterprise Database with an administrator equivalent account.
2. Obtain the RealSecure6.xDatabasePatch.exe file and place it in a folder on the MSSQL Server computer.
3. Double click on the RealSecure6.xDatabasePatch.exe file to start the patch process.
4. Select "Next" at the welcome screen.
5. Either accept the default database name, ISSED, if it is correct or supply the correct name for the Enterprise Database.
6. Select "Next".
7. If the patch is successful you will be informed that the patch has completed. Select "Finish" to exit.
8. Test to see if the patch as been applied to the ISSED database you can run the following command using OSQL
c:\osql -E -d issed -Q "select max(currentdate) from eventday"
Or from the Query Analyzer run these.
select max(currentdate) from eventday
9. The below output will be displayed if this patch has been applied correctly to the Enterprise (ISSED) Database :
IF A FAILURE OCCURS WHEN RUNNING THE PATCH
Check the C:\temp\ISS\logs directory for details. Please have a copy of the error logs available and then contact ISS Customer Support at 1-888-447-4861 or 1-404-236-2700.
Note: This Patch is also available at RealSecure Workgroup Manager Database Patch .
ISSForum mailing list
TO UNSUBSCRIBE OR CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, go to https://atla-mm1.iss.net/mailman/listinfo