Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RE: [ISSForum] "Network Sensor XPU 20.19" can not be installed
From: Paul Van Gurp (Paul.VanGurppwgsc.gc.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 11:35:08 CDT
Some things to consider...
Has your browser added a .zip extension to the files? Have you paid your annual maintenance? Is it expired? Have you applied the latest licence key?
From: Nicholas EK Ng [mailto:nicholassilicon.net.my]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 10:13 AM
To: 'Emrah Alpa'; issforumiss.net
Subject: RE: [ISSForum] "Network Sensor XPU 20.19" can not be installed
Try the "XPU uninstall" to uninstall the last update, then apply the 20.19
Hope this helps.
From: issforum-adminiss.net [mailto:issforum-adminiss.net]On Behalf Of
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 6:55 AM
Subject: [ISSForum] "Network Sensor XPU 20.19" can not be installed
I can't update my RealSecure Network Sensors to the latest Network Sensor
XPU 20.19. When I perform the usual XPU method, the update fails with a "No
X-Press update packages were found at the specified location." error.
Here's the step-by-step breakdown of the error:
1. I download these 2 files, from ISS: RSNetSnsr70_MU_20_19.xpu and
2. From Console, I right-click the Network Sensor, and select "X-Press or
3. I select "Local drive or network share", and point to the correct folder,
and enable "X-Press Update".
4. After I click NEXT, the installer searches for updates, and after 2
seconds, displays the message "No X-Press update packages were found at the
specified location.". As expected, I can't go any further, as the "NEXT"
button is greyed out.
Could there be a packaging issue with the Network Sensor XPU 20.19?
I tried the following, but none helped:
1. Made sure, the "RSNetSnsr70_MU_20_19.xpu" file did not have a ".ZIP"
2. Downloaded the file from another computer, to bypass connectivity/IE
3. Rebooted the Console box.
My environment is based on W2K Standard Server boxes, with SP3 and all
RealSecure Workgroup Manager 6.7 (6.7.2003.109) SP1
Event Collector 6.5.2003.34 (SR 1.5)
RealSecure Network Sensor 7.0.2002.155 (MU 20.18)
Any help appreciated.
ISSForum mailing list
TO UNSUBSCRIBE OR CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, go to
ISSForum mailing list
TO UNSUBSCRIBE OR CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, go to https://atla-mm1.iss.net/mailman/listinfo
- application/ms-tnef attachment: winmail.dat