From: Terry A. Bowling (terry.bowlingverizon.com)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 13:12:19 CDT

    We have two volunteers - thanks Bryce & James!

    Download source at:

    View build instructions at:

    The build instructions also say you need Sun's JDK 1.3.1 which you can find at:

    I'm currently downloading the JDK to see how well it works.  It looks like JDK has a few requirements of it's own.  I'm downloading all of that now and once I have java installed, let you know how it went.

    'Bryce' wrote:

    "Terry A. Bowling" wrote:

    > I was going to download the source and compile the latest openoffice but
    > to build it takes almost 3GB!!!  And 20 hours...
    > Has anyone built this already? Specifically, I'm running RedHat7.1 on a
    > Digital 600au (miata).  The final build only takes 300MB.  So if someone
    > has the disk space, time, and a cdburner, I would be happy to compensate
    > you.
    > Terry

    point me at a url, I'll see if it will go through the 7.1 build system

    Axp-list mailing list