Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Alpha Core 2 is available
From: Sergey Tikhonov (tsvsolvo.ru)
Date: Fri Feb 17 2006 - 05:06:55 CST
I guess there is no need to wait any longer. :)
Yes, Alpha Core 2 (Tosia) is available!
It is based on the Fedora Core 4 source tree.
Main features of this release:
- gcc 4.0 with working java
- all packages are build with gcc 4.0
- most java packages
- Eclipse IDE
- Fixed autopartitioning and update mode during setup
- framebuffer driver for TGA video adapters works
- SMP kernel doesn't work (someone could try older AC1 kernel)
- java interpreter (gij) could generate UAE (unalligned access
exceptions) during run of java code
- gcc could generate code that will produce UAEs. This is due bad coding
- AS800 still requires disconnect of network cable in order to boot
The AC2 is expected to boot on most modern Alphas. :)
I would like to say thanks to all who waited for this release.
Special thanks to:
- Cristan Balint for support, help, testing and ftp hosting.
- Jay Estabrook for support, help, testing, patches
- Jon Norstog for donating PWS
- RedHat for keep going and accepting patches for alpha
The iso images are available at:
I would suggest to wait a little bit until images will be available from
other (faster) sources.
axp-list mailing list