[Immunix-announce] Immunix Past and Future

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinimmunix.com)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 14:53:34 CST

Dear Immunix Customer,

As of March 31, 2005 we will no longer be supporting Immunix 7.3 or
previous distributions. Immunix is no longer in the business of
developing distributions and has instead turned the security features
highlighted in the Immunix distributions into best of breed Linux
security solutions. The Immunix AppArmor product provides the security
of the Immunix OS feature previously known as "SubDomain", allowing the
administrator to specify "program profiles" that define the set of files
that the program can read, write, and execute.

The AppArmor product substantially improves on the manageability of
program profiles, providing new tools to automatically build program
profiles. For instance, it is now possible to build a profile for Apache
in just a few minutes. AppArmor's main requirement is that you be using
a Linux 2.6 kernel, as we use the LSM (Linux Security Modules)
<http://lsm.immunix.org/> interface that we built for Linux 2.6 to allow
Immunix to be installed on top of an existing Linux deployment.

We will be offering two separate upgrade programs for our clients, one
for those with existing support contracts and one for clients whose
support agreements have lapsed. For further information, please contact
the Immunix sales department at 503-222-9660 x14.

Thanks,
    Crispin, Immunix CTO, on behalf of the Immunix support team

--
Brian Fisher
Regional Sales Manager