Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: Perms on /sbin/route
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 02:36:41 CDT
- Next message: Marc Esipovich: "Re: Perms on /sbin/route"
- Previous message: Chris Evans: "Re: chroot() and capabilities"
- In reply to: Horms: "Re: Perms on /sbin/route"
- Reply: chrisburtyb.demon.co.uk: "Re: Perms on /sbin/route"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 11:51:14AM +0100, Rory Hunter wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Is there any reason why /sbin/route is installed world execuutable on
> > Mandrake 7.0?
> So non-root users can view the routing table?
As can any use that downloads a compatiable version
for that target.
kinda useless on boxes where people can use ftp, and the like.
I've ftp'd in binarys to shell servers, which are so anal they
dont even allow you to run uname and the likes. All in all it
just makes users more resentfull of the system...IMHO