Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Subject: Announce of Libra 1.1
From: Shesterikov Maxim (sm) (ShesMaxru.hilti.com)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 03:44:39 CDT
- Next message: Marco d'Itri: "Re: SysVinit audit: mesg and wall"
- Previous message: Tim Robbins: "Re: SysVinit audit: mesg and wall"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
I'm announcing the availability of new release of Libra FTP server.
What is new:
- Added command line length limit.
- Miscellaneous changes in documentation and source inspired by Solar
Libra FTP server is indented for anonymous access only. It was written from
scratch with the main priorities being security and compatibility with
standards and existing clients.
From security point of view, the server is kept as short and simple as
possible and every line of code was considered for possible security
impacts, including DoS ones. The server doesn't have "features" of wu-ftpd
and proftpd, and, because of the smaller code base, should be much more
reliable.Probably, the spirit of the server is more close to Dan Bernstein's
When it comes to standards, the following ones were considered: RFC959,
RFC1123, RFC854, RFC1579, RFC2389.
As other server advantages I'd like to mention:
- Internal LIST implementation
- Ability to work well inside chroot's (no external programs, /dev/null or
anything else is necessary)
- Absence of configuration file
- The code being written specially for Linux.
The server is available from http://libraftp.narod.ru