Subject: Re: [suse-security] Marc Heuse's firewall package and SAMBA
From: Security (securityaiacs.de)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 11:45:25 CST

Samba and firewall:

>The problem is in the SMB and NMB services it runs. It deny's packetes that
>were broadcasted from itself from these ports (137:138) and IP
an coming >back to

I got another problem with this stuff:
    the samba server 2.05a (this is also the SUSE 6.3 firewall with update)
    takes sometimes a deep breath and does not respond to one ore more
    for seconds or even minutes. I havenīt found the reason jet, but my log
    'martians' and 'denied packets' too.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: suse-security-unsubscribesuse.com
For additional commands, e-mail: suse-security-helpsuse.com