Subject: Re: [suse-security] SuSE Security Announcement - make-3.77
From: Thomas Michael Wanka (tm_wankaearthling.net)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 02:00:19 CST

On 27 Feb 00, at 23:17, cogNiTioN wrote:

> I believe in full disclosure.
>
> Sorry guys, I'm with the Yash-meister on this one.
>
> /cog

Hi,

from your point of view a full disclosure defenitely makes sense. For
others (like me), specially the ones running smaller networks with a
rare (or no) chance to suffer from exploits from the network users,
who have to care about intruders from the internet only (where the
firewall should do the job), such a policy would have more
disadvantages.

I guess we needed a programm (some kind of list should do the job)
where qualified admins get informed without giving information to
hackers. I defenitly do not know how to seperate the good boys (or
girls) from the bad.

mike