Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
From: Mohammad Saleem (mohammad.saleemMAMEA.SE)
Date: Mon May 27 2002 - 04:18:36 CDT
I sent a similar question earlier to this archive and got few responses but
still I have the same problem. May be it depends on that I did not succeed
to explain my problem clearly.
I try once again and hope some guru can help me to solve my problem.
What I want is to create a service to run remotely which uses my own
First I want to test it locally and it doesn't work.
What I do is the following.
1. I create just an ATL wizard projekt (with name ATLService) choosing
"service" as type of application.
2. Create an ATL object say Foo(Insert->New ATL Object)
3. Remove Foo.cpp/.h from the projekt.
4. Add my own service.idl file to projekt.
5. Remove all occurences of CLSID_Foo and IID_Foo
6. Edit projekt created file ATLService.cpp
where CLSID_Control DCOM class instance a client can create (defined i
7. Add my own service.idl file.
9. add dlldata.c, service_i.c,h/p_.c and again compile and link.
10. Edit ATLService.rc file as below
IDR_ATLCCSService1 REGISTRY MOVEABLE PURE "ATLService.rgs"
IDR_CONTROLCOMPUTERSERVICE REGISTRY DISCARDABLE
1 TYPELIB "Debug\Service.tlb"
I get an ATLService.exe.
11. I run this exe file via VC++ debugger.
12. I run my test application and the following call succeed i.e. I get "hr
(VOID FAR **) &pUnk);
and all works fine (when running DCOM locally).
Now I want to run this ATLService.exe remotely and as service.
First I tried to run ATLService.exe remotely as an exe and not service.
After registering ATLService.exe (/RegServer) and *.dll on server and client
I run the client application I get
hr = 80040154 (class not registered error)
Now I tried to run as service locally.
I did the following
and I can see my ATLService.exe is there in Services window (adminstrative
a. Now I click start on ATLService Service.
b. I start my client application and I get
hr = 80040154 (class not registered error) i.e. the same error which I got
when I tried to run ATLService.exe remotely and which I could run
Sure, I am missing something for registration between step 1-10.
Plz help me to solve my problem. Now I have been working on this problem a
couple of days without much success.
Ask, if something is not clear.
I am using winXP.
Users Guide http://discuss.microsoft.com/archives/mailfaq.asp
contains important info. Save time, search the archives at
To unsubscribe, mailto:DCOM-signoff-requestDISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM