Re: Transactions and locking

From: Yves Goergen (nospam.listunclassified.de)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2007 - 15:16:53 CST

On 12.11.2007 20:43 CE(S)T, Yves Goergen wrote:
> I'll have a look at those isolation levels though. Maybe it's what I'm
> looking for.

Not quite. But I'm going the LOCK TABLES way now. Locking a single table
exclusively for those rare moments seems to be the best solution.

I could also implement an abstraction for that, because other DBMS have
different syntax to do the same thing. Since I only need these locks for
a very short time and a single table with no transaction support, this
works fine for me.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.listunclassified.de>