Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
From: Paul McCullagh (paul.mccullaghprimebase.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 03:11:47 CDT
I have released PrimeBase XT (PBXT) 1.0.03 Alpha and it is available
for download from http://www.primebase.org/download.
I have also posted binary plugins for a few platforms, in particular:
32-bit and 64-bit Linux and Mac OS X (x86). These plugins can be
loaded at runtime by the corresponding MySQL binary distributions.
If you are building PBXT yourself I have added a "Quick Guide:
Building and Installing PBXT from Source", to the download page which
should make it as easy as possible.
With this version I have completed the implementation of full-
durability, and other features that are scheduled for RC and
ultimately for the first GA release. Still to be done is the Windows
port which I plan to do before the first Beta release.
PBXT is a transactional storage engine for MySQL. Features include:
* MVCC: Multi-version concurrency control, enables reading without
* Transactions: support for BEGIN, COMMIT and ROLLBACK and recovery on
* ACID compliant: Atomic, Consistent, Isolated, Durable (once
committed changes cannot be lost).
* Row-level locking: updates use row-level locking allowing for
* Deadlock detection: immediate notification if client processes are
* Referential Integrity: foreign key support.
* Write-once: PBXT avoids double-writes by using a log-based
* BLOB streaming: In combination with the BLOB Streaming engine (http://www.blobstreaming.org
PBXT is open source and is available under the GPL license. For more
information please go to: http://www.primebase.org, or contact me
MySQL General Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql