NFR Wizards Archive: Re: Off-topic: Policy question

Re: Off-topic: Policy question

Joseph Pung (Pungjmeijer.com)
Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:44:16 -0400

John,

Your regular Internet Policy (acceptable use agreement) should cover web-based e-mail. For example, if your company policy is to restrict Internet usage to business use only, then your question is moot. OTOH, if your policy permits limited personal use, then web-based e-mail would be OK, providing if falls into the "limited personal use" category.

A good policy is sufficiently general in nature to cover unforeseen events. If it is too specific, it will need constant revision.

Joe

>>> "Appel, John" <AppelJ1st-annapolis.com> 09/25 3:06 PM >>>
Off topic a bit here; my apologies, but my searches to date have come up
pretty empty.

I'm looking for any sample policies / archived discussions / etc. WRT
security policy for web-based e-mail access (e.g., HotMail, ExciteMail,
etc.). Any references would be appreciated.

Thanks.

John Appel
appelj1st-annapolis.com