NFR Wizards Archive: Re: Network Security Scanning

Re: Network Security Scanning

Matt Doughty (doughtymbsjkk.co.jp)
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:02:01 +0900

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 11:53:52AM -0400, Adam Shostack wrote:
> Gosh, I hope not. The folks I know at Securify are much more into
> protecting interesting information than trying to hide IP addresses.
> If they got into that sort of obscurity without cause, my respect for
> them would plummet.
Most people would consider an organizations network addressing
information to be 'interesting information' which it is. More over,
it is trivial to hide. trivial to hide. Course I guess if you are
so confident in your security that you want to tell attackers where to
point their guns that is your choice.