Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] Microsoft exchange Server Scenario
From: Brad Van Orden (Brad.VanOrdennetisi.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 12:06:37 CDT

> lists wrote:

snip
> The other half of my users need to access their mail accounts from the
> internet via standard POP3/SMTP protocols. A VPN is not logistically feasable
> for this purpose.
>
> I am using Checkpoint FW-1 with a DMZ.

snip

Brian,

Why can't you use CheckPoint's SecureRemote and have the remote users create
a VPN and then use their outlook clients?

Also, do these users want to access the exchange server from both inside and
outside the firewall, or will they always be outside? If it is the latter,
I would suggest setting up a second server (sendmail with a pop deamon
would do).

Regards,

Brad Van Orden
Net InfraStructure, Inc