New NT Security Tool (FREE!)

  • To: NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM
  • Subject: New NT Security Tool (FREE!)
  • From: bradINTERDYN.COM
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:15:36 +0000
  • Approved-By: Russ.CooperRC.ON.CA
  • Sender: Windows NT BugTraq Mailing List <NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM>

Thought that some of you might be interested:

Internet Dynamics has a new security auditing and configuration tool
called "NTSAfe." NTSAfe provides both an application and a scripting
language to help System Administrators analyze and improve the security
settings of Windows NT computers. While Windows NT provides a rich
security infrastructure, its default installation is not designed to
optimize security. NTSAfe brings together all of the information and tools
needed to reconfigure Windows NT's default settings in one easy-to-use
interface.

This software is a prototype, thus all features may not be implemented
yet. We would enjoy hearing your feedback on how we can improve this
product and make it a better tool for the NT community. This tool is free
and will remain in the public domain

NTSAfe can be downloaded from < http://www.conclave.com/ntsafe >.

Enjoy!

Brad Cornman