Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ntsysadmin] More IIS Updates....
- To: NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM
- Subject: [ntsysadmin] More IIS Updates....
- From: Marc <MarcEEYE.COM>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:03:01 -0800
- Approved-By: Russ.CooperRC.ON.CA
- Comments: To: pjbmtv-cops212e--n.corp.sgi.com
- Comments: cc: NTSEC <ntsecurityiss.net>, NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadminlyris.sunbelt-software.com>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:leave-ntsysadmin-31291Wlyris.sunbelt-software.com>
- Reply-To: NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadminlyris.sunbelt-software.com>
- Sender: Windows NT BugTraq Mailing List <NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM>
Ok there have been a few posts about it. So rather then respond to each I will just do it once for all. 1. I have stopped getting a lot of eMails from people using NT4.0's ftp.exe and saying it didnt work. I have however now started to get many eMails from people saying they telneted to the server, sent user, pass, NLST (lots of a's) and saying it is not working. Well they are forgetting to send the PORT command and listening to whatever port they pass via the PORT command. Basically you need to do correct FTP syntax. For the people who have done it right on NT4.0 IIS4 sp4 machines, they have eMailed me and told me they have gotten it to work. 2. It doesnt seem to effect IIS3.0/4.0 and sp3. Why? I am not sure but maybe someone who knows or someone at Microsoft can explain. The eMails that i got from people with sp3 were tested correctly. I do not have a sp3 machine laying around so I cannot verify. Microsoft should be posting something later today. Some people I want to thank for their input: Seth M. McGann Jordan Ritter Mnemonix and whom ever else I forgot Thanks for making my sorting through eMails such as "I am using CuteFTP and cant get it to work." worth my time. You were some of the people that had good information to pass along. I thank you for that. Signed, Marc eEye Digital Security Team www.eEye.com [pjbgt350.corp.sgi.com] This is a posting from the ntsysadmin-list, To unsubscribe, send a blank email to leave-ntsysadmin-31291Wlyris.sunbelt-software.com For the best NT FAQ: http://www.ntfaq.com/