Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Lock Up on Daylight Saving Transition.
- To: NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM
- Subject: Lock Up on Daylight Saving Transition.
- From: "Michael, James" <james.michaelEDS.COM>
- Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:41:28 +1030
- Approved-By: Russ.CooperRC.ON.CA
- Reply-To: "Michael, James" <james.michaelEDS.COM>
- Sender: Windows NT BugTraq Mailing List <NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM>
If an NT server is rebooted in the hour following the end of daylight savings (time back 1 hour), it will lock up at either the logon screen or the blue kernel load screen. Cycling power will not fix this problem until 1 hour has passes since the transition period. For example, set time to 1:59:55am on the end of daylight savings date. Allow NT to transition to 1:00am. Shutdown and restart. Server locks up. Rebooting, or power cycling with the time still prior to 2:00am will result in the server hanging. Changing the BIOS time to 2:00am onwards will resolve this issue. This bug applies to all NT servers running less than SP4. SP4 resolves this issue, but not intentionally. This issue has been confirmed by Microsoft, and will release an article. James Michael Client Server Engineering EDS Australia Level 9 108 North Terrace Adelaide, SA 5000 Phone: (08) 8464 1318 mailto:james.michaeleds.com