Re: Features versus Security versus User Education

  • To: NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM
  • Subject: Re: Features versus Security versus User Education
  • From: Charles <charlesCLSYSTEMS.CO.UK>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 05:45:19 +0100
  • Approved-By: Russ.CooperRC.ON.CA
  • Sender: Windows NT BugTraq Mailing List <NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM>

This may sound like a ridiculously simplistic suggestion but, much in
the same way we certification for ActiveX or Java components in
Websites, why can't we have the same facility with VBA? Centralised
approval of macros, author certificates, whatever, with Word, Excel etc.
only granting authority to execute to certified macros.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my posterior but if it works(?) on the
Web, why not the desktop?