Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (Don't) Uninstall the new lsa2 hotfix....
- To: NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM
- Subject: Re: (Don't) Uninstall the new lsa2 hotfix....
- From: Marvin Nipper <marvin.nipperSWSPECTRUM.COM>
- Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 19:22:59 -0500
- Comments: To: Phil Cox <pccntsinc.com>, "Daniel.Docekalcodalan.cz" <Daniel.Docekalcodalan.cz>
- Reply-To: Marvin Nipper <marvin.nipperSWSPECTRUM.COM>
- Sender: Windows NT BugTraq Mailing List <NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM>
And, as Dan has pointed out (and I completely missed), there is a notation in the KB article that "recommends against" uninstalling the hotfix. (Sorry for the unnecessary noise....) .....Marvin -----Original Message----- From: Phil Cox [mailto:pccntsinc.com] Sent: Friday, May 08, 1998 3:59 PM To: Marvin Nipper Cc: NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM Subject: Re: (Don't) Uninstall the new lsa2 hotfix.... On Fri, 8 May 1998, Marvin Nipper wrote: > This would lead one to believe that once the five files in the hotfix > have been used, the state of the machine is altered in a way that makes > them no longer "optional" (i.e. by way of uninstall). Restoring the > hotfix files to the \winnt\system32 directory make the laptop once again > usable, albeit with the original lsa2 problems. (At this point it would > be appropriate to "plug" the Winternals Software ERD Commander product, > which made this NTFS-based recovery possible.) This is not correct. The problem with the hotfix uninstall is that it DOES NOT remove the msaudite.dll it installed when applying the hotfix. IF you can get to a state where you can remove the msaudite.dll OR do it right before you uninstall the hotfix, all will work fine (At least this was my experience on 3 machines I applied the HF to). Phil Cox