Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Security issue over IIS3 and IIS4 - Additional information
- To: NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM
- Subject: Security issue over IIS3 and IIS4 - Additional information
- From: Toby Beaumont <tobyWIRESTATION.CO.UK>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 17:18:58 +0100
- Organization: Wirestation
- Reply-To: Toby Beaumont <tobyWIRESTATION.CO.UK>
- Sender: Windows NT BugTraq Mailing List <NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM>
Regarding the recent 'discovery' of the security hole in IIS3 and IIS4, Microsoft have issued an explanation and hotfixes at http://www.microsoft.com/security/bulletins/ms98-003.htm However, their claim that only IIS3 and IIS4 are effected is not entirely true. Peer Web Services (PWS) (ie. for NT Workstation) is also affected and the hotfixes provided by Microsoft for IIS3 or IIS4 should not be used to fix PWS as it will trash it. If anyone is aware of a fix for PWS, could you let me know? -- ================== Toby Beaumont Senior Web Developer The Wirestation Tel +44 (0)171 336 6510 http://www.wirestation.co.uk
- Prev by Date: Web Server Source Exploit, pre IIS issue.
- Next by Date: Visible user list in FrontPage permissions (larger problem)
- Prev by thread: Re: Web Server Source Exploit, pre IIS issue.
- Next by thread: Visible user list in FrontPage permissions (larger problem)