Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Interesting 'feature' in IIS 4.0 SMTP Server component.
- To: NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM
- Subject: Re: Interesting 'feature' in IIS 4.0 SMTP Server component.
- From: Tim Poulsen <Tim_PoulsenZD.COM>
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 08:58:55 -0400
- Reply-To: Tim Poulsen <Tim_PoulsenZD.COM>
- Sender: Windows NT BugTraq Mailing List <NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM>
In his note, Russ Cooper wrote: > As Seifried points out, there is also no documentation anywhere that > describes how to disable MS-TLS. You can edit the metabase to change the port number of the SMTPS service. MetaEdit, the metabase editor, is available with the IIS4 resource kit. Open the \LM\SmtpSvc\1\ key. There are two values that look appropriate, SecureBindings and RemoteSmtpSecurePort. Change the values of these from 465 to another value of your choice. (If you're running more than one SMTP "site" you will need to change the number "1" in the key noted above to match the appropriate number for your SMTP site.) I suppose you could also delete these values, however, I have no idea what the ramifications of doing so would be -- do this at your own risk (standard disclaimers apply). -- Tim Poulsen Sr. Technical Writer, Intranet Webmaster Work: mailto:tim_poulsenzd.com Ziff-Davis Education Home: mailto:poulsennetacc.net Rochester, NY ATM FAQ: http://www.netacc.net/~poulsen/atm-faq.htm Measuring angles: http://www.ggw.org/asras/skyangles.htm
- Prev by Date: Directory names with dots
- Next by Date: Re: MS Security Bulletin MS98-012, security updates for Microsoft PPT P
- Prev by thread: Re: Interesting 'feature' in IIS 4.0 SMTP Server component.
- Next by thread: Re: Interesting 'feature' in IIS 4.0 SMTP Server component.