Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Interesting 'feature' in IIS 4.0 SMTP Server component.
- To: NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM
- Subject: Re: Interesting 'feature' in IIS 4.0 SMTP Server component.
- From: NT ListUser <ntlistseifried.org>
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:35:59 -0600
- Comments: To: Tim Poulsen <Tim_PoulsenZD.COM>
- In-Reply-To: <199808241514.JAA25760seifried-gateway.powersurfr.com>
- Reply-To: ntlistseifried.org
- Sender: Windows NT BugTraq Mailing List <NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM>
> > As Seifried points out, there is also no documentation anywhere that > > describes how to disable MS-TLS. > You can edit the metabase to change the port number of the SMTPS service. > MetaEdit, the metabase editor, is available with the IIS4 resource kit. My bad, should of thought to look there (but didn't). > Open the \LM\SmtpSvc\1\ key. There are two values that look appropriate, > SecureBindings and RemoteSmtpSecurePort. Change the values of these from > 465 to another value of your choice. (If you're running more than one SMTP > "site" you will need to change the number "1" in the key noted above to > match the appropriate number for your SMTP site.) > > I suppose you could also delete these values, however, I have no idea what > the ramifications of doing so would be -- do this at your own risk > (standard disclaimers apply). Actually changing the :465: in \LM\SmtpSvc\1\ServerBindings to :25: seems to not cause any problems, ie the only port with MS's SMTP server now running on it is port 25 which is about what I wanted and it still works. Deleting it doesn't seem like such a great idea but doesn't cause any problems that crop up immediately, the server can still send mail no problem. So. if you have this problem the solution is easy. Go out and spend $50 on the IIS Resource Kit, ISBN 1-57231-638-1 and install metaedit. > Tim Poulsen Sr. Technical Writer, Intranet Webmaster -seifried
- Prev by Date: Re: Directory names with dots
- Next by Date: Re: Directory names with dots
- Prev by thread: Re: Interesting 'feature' in IIS 4.0 SMTP Server component.
- Next by thread: Anyone know how to stop c2myazz from obtaining passwords on nt?