Administrivia #17800

  • To: NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM
  • Subject: Administrivia #17800
  • From: Russ <Russ.CooperRC.ON.CA>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 00:44:30 -0400
  • Sender: Windows NT BugTraq Mailing List <NTBUGTRAQLISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM>

1. This Week in NTBugtraq on ZDNet
2. HUGE Advertising Opportunity on NTBugtraq!!
3. T-Shirts/Polo-Shirts Anyone?
4. FYIs

1. This Week in NTBugtraq on ZDNet

Last week we had a couple of messages about "Lead Time" on security
exploit announcements. I let through one pro, and one con, since it
wasn't truly on topic in the first place. However, both messages
certainly generated a number of responses and it seemed obvious that
folks wanted to voice their opinion.

So this week in NTBugtraq on ZDNet
<http://www.zdnet.com/windows/nt/security/ntbugtraq/>, I took up the
issue in my editorial "Security Risk Announcements: How Long Should We
Wait?"

I think I presented most of the alternatives offered by folks, and my
opinion about each. If your interested check it out, and maybe provide
your feedback there.

2. HUGE Advertising Opportunity on NTBugtraq!!

Last month NTBugtraq delivered 253,329 page impressions!! WOW!! I
couldn't believe it myself. Guess moving to the hosting center, with
lots more bandwidth than my puny 56k connection, must have made a
difference for you the viewers. The monthly average for the last 4
months has been around 150,000.

This means there are a lot of impressions available for someone who'd
like to reach serious NT Administrators with ads for products they'll
appreciate. Rates are reasonable, and the NTBugtraq community could
really use the support.

Contact me, Russ Cooper, at Russ.Cooperrc.on.ca or 1-705-878-3405 if
you'd like to advertise.

3. T-shirts Anyone?

Given the impressive way the site looks these days (and if you haven't
seen the new design yet, check it out at
<http://ntbugtraq.ntadvice.com>), I was thinking I'd like to get a
T-shirt made in burgundy with the NTBugtraq logo over the breast. Maybe
another one in gray with the bug all over it.

Anyone else interested? I've no idea of pricing and such, or even where
I'd go to get them, but if there's interest, I look into it.

4. FYIs...

Administrivia messages are posted by me, Russ Cooper, your NTBugtraq
moderator. Their intended to be a way for me to communicate with you
about list related issues that aren't topics of discussion on the list.
The number in the subject line represents the number of current
subscribers at the time of writing. Sorry if they come off as SPAM some
times...

If you haven't already seen it, check out the NTBugtraq List Charter at
<http://ntbugtraq.ntadvice.com/ntbugfaq.asp>.

The NTBugtraq archives are always available on-line, up-to-the-minute,
at <http://ntbugtraq.ntadvice.com/archives>

Cheers,
Russ - NTBugtraq moderator