Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Subject: Re: auto-faq
From: Nick Holland (nickholland-consulting.net)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 20:17:47 CST
- Next message: Christian Weisgerber: "Re: fMSX2.2"
- Previous message: WiltonDaedilus: "RE: I have a question about ssh and scp."
- In reply to: Seth R Arnold: "auto-faq"
- Reply: Nick Holland: "Re: auto-faq"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
Actually, the idea could probably be extended somewhat:
Send your question, it would (randomly? AI? Heck, randomly will do
fine) respond "RTFM", "RTFF" (Read the Fantastic* FAQ) or "Off Topic".
Just think how much time it would save!
(suffering from Shopping Psychosis)
* That's what the F stands for, right? ;-)
(Hmmm... A new slogan? "OpenBSD: The F stands for Fantastic".
Probably get a lot of funny looks on a T-Shirt)
Seth R Arnold wrote:
> Hey kids, another fun find -- it automatically mails the FAQ to first-time
> Heheh. We could all save ourselves lots of trouble if we setup something
> similar, perhaps to say, ``please re-read afterboot(8)'' rather than send
> the whole blasted FAQ. <shrug> fun idea, either way.