From: Jan Johansson (janjwenf.org)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 11:29:35 CST

    On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 05:07:45PM +0100, Thomas Ammitzb°ll-Bach wrote:
    >What am I missing, and is there some docs somewhere?

    After receiving your mail I decided to try to get AFS working on
    my laptop so what I did was.

    Recompile kernel to enable XFS.
    Create /afs mountpouint.
    Create /var/spool/afs cache directory.
    Edit /etc/rc.conf to enable AFS.

    Reboot (it di not work until second reboot but that way have been
    other problems.)

    Getting the right Kerberos ticket I can access my files in
    /afs/???.???.?? without problem.

    So what are you missing? If you have gotten this far I do not
    think you miss anything. If you whish to go further I think you
    need a AFS server or admin tokens in a AFS cell atleast.

    AFS server can be bought from transarc (IBM) [1] or you can try
    to compile the free version OpenAFS. [2]

    ThisCell either contains your CELL or a local that is public so
    that you get a nice /afs tree.

    I can also suggest the book "Managing AFS : The Andrew File
    System", especially if you have no wizard to learn from.

    [1] http://www.transarc.com/
    [2] http://www.openafs.org/

    --
    Don't be a spaceholder, drink your beer outside the dancefloor.