Re: How to Downgrade from 4.7 to 4.6

From: Peter N. M. Hansteen (peterbsdly.net)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2010 - 09:04:53 CDT

Stuart Henderson <stuspacehopper.org> writes:

> - if you have a restricted MTU connection (pppoe, some others)
> in the path, make sure you're using an appropriate scrub max-mss
> option.

Emphatically seconded. I forget what the bad settings here were (with
restults rather like what the original poster describes, some not
terribly well thougth out scrub options carried over from an earlier
version), but going to

match in all scrub (no-df max-mss 1440)

made my home network a lot more pleasant.

And yes, the 4.8 snapshots are really worth trying.

- Peter

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/