Re: Anyone playing with Active Protection System (hdaps) here ?

From: Dmitrij D. Czarkoff (czarkoffgmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2010 - 01:22:43 CDT

aaron lewis <aaron.lewis1989gmail.com> wrote:
> I think i should put a limit via sysctl , right ?

Hmm... Limit what? You want to limit X_ACCEL and Y_ACCEL? I'm not quite sure
about that being possible.

As far as I understand, this feature is a kind of anti-theft protection.

What do You want to get from this feature? If You want to know the movement of
Your laptop You might be interested in writing some daemon (script?) that
polls the state of X_ACCEL and Y_ACCEL and mails You some helpful data if
values exceeded something. Still, useful report would need some instant mean
of communication (e.g. WiMax or cellular connection) and some means of
position tracking (GPS?). Do You have those undetachable?

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff