Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
From: Paketix (paketixbluewin.ch)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2010 - 06:03:50 CDT
there is a rather new processor from TILERA (100 core chip) which is
most certainly already known here at OpenBSD mailing list.
the processor/platform is targeted towards:
- high performance network security platforms
- l7 deep packet inspection
- network monitoring and forensics
- cloud computing
- web application (lamp)
- data caching (memcached)
- database applications
- high-performance computing
chris metcalf from TILERA did the current linux port and i was in
contact with him about two weeks ago.
at this time QUANTA computer is starting to offer a 512 core 2U box
with an impressive performance/watt ratio (400 watts only for 512
i guess those massive multicore chips would enable bleeding edge
high performance solutions based on OpenBSD.
- anyone interested in porting OpenBSD towards TILERA?
(architecture seems to be similar to MIPS...)
- is there already some ongoing porting effort?
- porting for this chip already discussed in this mailing list?
some links for those who want some more details:
100core processor with hardware packet (pre)processing
sample architecture for network appliances:
512core system from QUANTA computer inc. (available Q4-10/Q1-11):
development system from TILERA: