OSEC

Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email hr@neohapsis.com
Re: Problems reading from (but not writing to?) LTO 5 Ultrium tape from i386 snapshot(s)

From: Otto Moerbeek (ottodrijf.net)
Date: Wed May 02 2012 - 06:47:21 CDT


On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 11:29:54AM +0000, Fergus Wilde wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wonder if anyone can help me out with the following. Any or all
> help, including 'this has nothing
> to do with OBSD', or options to try passing
> to the dump, happily received. In particular, I wonder
> if my situation is
> analogous with the facts of the case here:
> http://old.nabble.com/Restore-from-SCSI-tape-on-recent-i386-snapshot-td288246
> 13.html
>
> although unlike the OP in this case I have *not* had it working right
> beforehand
> as this is a new machine.
>
> This is with snapshot 5.1 GENERIC.MP#253
> i386 and the two previous snapshots on my
> local mirror. Dmesg and
> /var/run/dmesg.boot below.
>
> Machine is an HP 350ML G6 using 3-disk hardware
> RAID 5 with a Quantum Ultrium LTO 5 external drive.
>
> mt status:
> # mt status
> SCSI tape drive, residual=0
> ds=3<Mounted>
> er=0
> blocksize: 0 (0)
> density: 0 (0)
> I (perhaps naively?) adapted the dump script at
> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#Backup
>
> and when the script is run,
> output appears promising:
>
>
> # /usr/local/bin/backup
> Starting Full Backup ...
> DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Wed May 2
> 12:09:37 2012
> DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch
> DUMP: Dumping
> /dev/rsd0a to /dev/nrst0
> DUMP: mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
> DUMP:
> mapping (Pass II) [directories]
> DUMP: estimated 762797 tape blocks.
> DUMP:
> Volume 1 started at: Wed May 2 12:09:42 2012
> DUMP: dumping (Pass III)
> [directories]
> DUMP: dumping (Pass IV) [regular files]
> DUMP: 779165 tape
> blocks on 1 volume
> DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Wed May 2 12:09:37 2012
> DUMP: Volume 1 completed at: Wed May 2 12:09:55 2012
> DUMP: Volume 1 took
> 0:00:13
> DUMP: Volume 1 transfer rate: 59935 KB/s
> DUMP: Date this dump
> completed: Wed May 2 12:09:55 2012
> DUMP: Average transfer rate: 59935 KB/s
> DUMP: level 0 dump on Wed May 2 12:09:37 2012
> DUMP: Closing /dev/nrst0
> DUMP: DUMP IS DONE
>
> And so on for the other mounts on the array. The amount of
> time this takes appears realistic, but since
> I can't successfully test the
> dump, I don't know if it is 'really' doing a backup.
>
> Attempting to test the
> dump:

Try rewinding the tape: mt rewind

This could be happening: /dev/nrst0 is a non-rewinding device. After
a close it will not rewind automatically like /dev/rst0 does. So dump
closes the file, but your restore starts at the current position.

See also st(4).

        -Otto

> # /sbin/restore -tvs 1 -f /dev/rst0
> Verify tape and initialize maps
> restore: tape read error: Input/output error
>
>
> For interest, I tried using tar
> to backup the root partition. Again, this seemed to work fine from the write
> side, but on attempting to read I again got an Input/output error.
>
> Thanks for
> any thoughts!
>
> Dmesg:
>
> OpenBSD 5.1-current (GENERIC.MP) #253: Thu Apr 26
> 01:45:24 MDT 2012
> deraadti386.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MP
> cpu0:
> Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5606 2.13GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 2.14 GHz
> cpu0:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUS
> H,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,NXE,LONG,SSE3,PCLMUL,MWAIT,DS-CPL,V
> MX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,DCA,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,POPCNT,AES,LAHF
> real mem
> = 3881492480 (3701MB)
> avail mem = 3807248384 (3630MB)
> mainbus0 at root
> bios0
> at mainbus0: AT/286+ BIOS, date 12/31/99, BIOS32 rev. 0 0xf0000, SMBIOS rev.
> 2.7 0xe77fe000 (134 entries)
> bios0: vendor HP version "D22" date 05/05/2011
> bios0: HP ProLiant ML350 G6
> acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
> acpi0: sleep states S0 S4 S5
> acpi0: tables DSDT FACP SPCR MCFG HPET FFFF SPMI ERST APIC SRAT FFFF BERT HEST
> DMAR SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT
> acpi0: wakeup devices
> acpitimer0 at acpi0:
> 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
> acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xe8000000, bus 0-63
> acpihpet0 at
> acpi0: 14318179 Hz
> acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
> cpu0 at
> mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
> cpu0: apic clock running at 133MHz
> cpu1 at
> mainbus0: apid 20 (application processor)
> cpu1: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5606
> 2.13GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 2.14 GHz
> cpu1:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUS
> H,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,NXE,LONG,SSE3,PCLMUL,MWAIT,DS-CPL,V
> MX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,DCA,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,POPCNT,AES,LAHF
> cpu2 at
> mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
> cpu2: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5606
> 2.13GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 2.14 GHz
> cpu2:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUS
> H,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,NXE,LONG,SSE3,PCLMUL,MWAIT,DS-CPL,V
> MX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,DCA,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,POPCNT,AES,LAHF
> cpu3 at
> mainbus0: apid 18 (application processor)
> cpu3: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5606
> 2.13GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 2.14 GHz
> cpu3:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUS
> H,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,NXE,LONG,SSE3,PCLMUL,MWAIT,DS-CPL,V
> MX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,DCA,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,POPCNT,AES,LAHF
> ioapic0
> at mainbus0: apid 8 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
> ioapic1 at mainbus0:
> apid 0 pa 0xfec80000, version 20, 24 pins
> acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 1 (IP2P)
> acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 3 (NIB1)
> acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 4 (PT01)
> acpiprt3 at
> acpi0: bus 5 (PT03)
> acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus 8 (PT04)
> acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus 11
> (PT05)
> acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus 14 (PT07)
> acpiprt7 at acpi0: bus 17 (PT09)
> acpiprt8 at acpi0: bus 20 (PT0A)
> acpiprt9 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
> acpicpu0 at
> acpi0: C3, C3, C1
> acpicpu1 at acpi0: C3, C3, C1
> acpicpu2 at acpi0: C3, C3, C1
> acpicpu3 at acpi0: C3, C3, C1
> acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 31
> degC
> bios0: ROM list: 0xc0000/0xb000 0xcb000/0x3600! 0xce600/0x1a00
> 0xd0000/0x4000 0xd4000/0x800
> ipmi at mainbus0 not configured
> pci0 at mainbus0
> bus 0: configuration mode 1 (bios)
> pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 5520
> Host" rev 0x13
> ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci1 at
> ppb0 bus 4
> ciss0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "Hewlett-Packard Smart Array" rev
> 0x01: apic 0 int 4
> ciss0: 1 LD, HW rev 2, FW 5.14/5.14, 64bit fifo rro
> scsibus0 at ciss0: 1 targets
> sd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <HP, LOGICAL
> VOLUME, 5.14> SCSI3 0/direct fixed
> sd0: 953816MB, 512 bytes/sector, 1953415216
> sectors
> ppb1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci2 at ppb1
> bus 23
> ppb2 at pci0 dev 3 function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci3 at ppb2
> bus 5
> mpii0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Symbios Logic SAS2008" rev 0x03: msi
> scsibus1 at mpii0: 258 targets
> st0 at scsibus1 targ 5 lun 0: <QUANTUM, ULTRIUM
> 5, 3180> SCSI4 1/sequential removable naa.00e09e60001d700e
> ppb3 at pci0 dev 4
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci4 at ppb3 bus 8
> ppb4 at pci0 dev 5
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci5 at ppb4 bus 11
> ppb5 at pci0 dev 6
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci6 at ppb5 bus 24
> ppb6 at pci0 dev 7
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci7 at ppb6 bus 14
> ppb7 at pci0 dev 8
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci8 at ppb7 bus 25
> ppb8 at pci0 dev 9
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci9 at ppb8 bus 17
> ppb9 at pci0 dev 10
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci10 at ppb9 bus 20
> pchb1 at pci0 dev 13
> function 0 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x343a rev 0x13
> pchb2 at pci0 dev
> 13 function 1 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x343b rev 0x13
> pchb3 at pci0
> dev 13 function 2 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x343c rev 0x13
> pchb4 at
> pci0 dev 13 function 3 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x343d rev 0x13
> pchb5
> at pci0 dev 13 function 4 "Intel 5520/X58 QuickPath" rev 0x13
> pchb6 at pci0
> dev 13 function 5 "Intel 5520 QuickPath" rev 0x13
> pchb7 at pci0 dev 13
> function 6 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x341a rev 0x13
> pchb8 at pci0 dev
> 14 function 0 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x341c rev 0x13
> pchb9 at pci0
> dev 14 function 1 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x341d rev 0x13
> pchb10 at
> pci0 dev 14 function 2 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x341e rev 0x13
> pchb11
> at pci0 dev 14 function 3 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x341f rev 0x13
> pchb12 at pci0 dev 14 function 4 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x3439 rev
> 0x13
> "Intel X58 Misc" rev 0x13 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 not configured
> "Intel
> X58 GPIO" rev 0x13 at pci0 dev 20 function 1 not configured
> "Intel X58 RAS"
> rev 0x13 at pci0 dev 20 function 2 not configured
> ppb10 at pci0 dev 28
> function 0 "Intel 82801JI PCIE" rev 0x00
> pci11 at ppb10 bus 2
> ppb11 at pci11
> dev 0 function 0 "ServerWorks PCIE-PCIX" rev 0xb5
> pci12 at ppb11 bus 3
> bge0 at
> pci12 dev 4 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5715" rev 0xa3, BCM5715 A3 (0x9003): apic
> 8 int 16, address e8:39:35:b6:f3:7e
> brgphy0 at bge0 phy 1: BCM5714
> 10/100/1000baseT/SX PHY, rev. 0
> bge1 at pci12 dev 4 function 1 "Broadcom
> BCM5715" rev 0xa3, BCM5715 A3 (0x9003): apic 8 int 17, address
> e8:39:35:b6:f3:7f
> brgphy1 at bge1 phy 1: BCM5714 10/100/1000baseT/SX PHY, rev.
> 0
> uhci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 82801JI USB" rev 0x00: apic 8 int 20
> uhci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 82801JI USB" rev 0x00: apic 8 int 23
> uhci2 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 82801JI USB" rev 0x00: apic 8 int 22
> uhci3 at pci0 dev 29 function 3 "Intel 82801JI USB" rev 0x00: apic 8 int 23
> ehci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 7 "Intel 82801JI USB" rev 0x00: apic 8 int 20
> usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
> uhub0 at usb0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev
> 2.00/1.00 addr 1
> ppb12 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BA Hub-to-PCI"
> rev 0x90
> pci13 at ppb12 bus 1
> vga1 at pci13 dev 3 function 0 "ATI ES1000" rev
> 0x02
> wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0:
> screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> radeondrm0 at vga1: apic 8 int 23
> drm0 at radeondrm0
> "Compaq iLO" rev 0x03 at pci13 dev 4 function 0 not
> configured
> "Compaq iLO" rev 0x03 at pci13 dev 4 function 2 not configured
> uhci4 at pci13 dev 4 function 4 "Hewlett-Packard USB" rev 0x00: apic 8 int 22
> "Hewlett-Packard IPMI" rev 0x00 at pci13 dev 4 function 6 not configured
> usb1
> at uhci4: USB revision 1.0
> uhub1 at usb1 "Hewlett-Packard UHCI root hub" rev
> 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801JIB LPC" rev 0x00
> pciide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 5 "Intel 82801JI SATA" rev 0x00: DMA, channel
> 0 wired to native-PCI, channel 1 wired to native-PCI
> pciide0: using apic 8 int
> 17 for native-PCI interrupt
> atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 0
> scsibus2
> at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
> cd0 at scsibus2 targ 0 lun 0: <hp, DVD-RAM GH80N,
> RS00> ATAPI 5/cdrom removable
> cd0(pciide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA
> mode 5
> usb2 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
> uhub2 at usb2 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev
> 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb3 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
> uhub3 at usb3 "Intel UHCI
> root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb4 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
> uhub4 at usb4
> "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb5 at uhci3: USB revision 1.0
> uhub5 at usb5 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> isa0 at pcib0
> isadma0
> at isa0
> com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
> com1 at isa0
> port 0x2f8/8 irq 3: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
> com1: probed fifo depth: 0 bytes
> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 1 for
> kbd slot
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
> pms0 at pckbc0
> (aux slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot
> wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
> pcppi0 at
> isa0 port 0x61
> spkr0 at pcppi0
> npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0/16: reported by CPUID;
> using exception 16
> mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support
> uhidev0 at uhub1 port 1
> configuration 1 interface 0 "HP Virtual Keyboard" rev 1.10/0.02 addr 2
> uhidev0: iclass 3/1
> ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 modifier keys, 6 key codes, country
> code 33
> wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
> wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
> uhidev1 at
> uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1 "HP Virtual Keyboard" rev 1.10/0.02
> addr 2
> uhidev1: iclass 3/1
> ums0 at uhidev1: 3 buttons
> wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0
> vscsi0 at root
> scsibus3 at vscsi0: 256 targets
> softraid0 at root
> scsibus4 at
> softraid0: 256 targets
> root on sd0a (bb6e325a3437c0e5.a) swap on sd0b dump on
> sd0b
>
> /var/run/dmesg.boot:
> OpenBSD 5.1-current (GENERIC.MP) #253: Thu Apr 26
> 01:45:24 MDT 2012
> deraadti386.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MP
> cpu0:
> Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5606 2.13GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 2.14 GHz
> cpu0:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUS
> H,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,NXE,LONG,SSE3,PCLMUL,MWAIT,DS-CPL,V
> MX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,DCA,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,POPCNT,AES,LAHF
> real mem
> = 3881492480 (3701MB)
> avail mem = 3807248384 (3630MB)
> mainbus0 at root
> bios0
> at mainbus0: AT/286+ BIOS, date 12/31/99, BIOS32 rev. 0 0xf0000, SMBIOS rev.
> 2.7 0xe77fe000 (134 entries)
> bios0: vendor HP version "D22" date 05/05/2011
> bios0: HP ProLiant ML350 G6
> acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
> acpi0: sleep states S0 S4 S5
> acpi0: tables DSDT FACP SPCR MCFG HPET FFFF SPMI ERST APIC SRAT FFFF BERT HEST
> DMAR SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT
> acpi0: wakeup devices
> acpitimer0 at acpi0:
> 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
> acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xe8000000, bus 0-63
> acpihpet0 at
> acpi0: 14318179 Hz
> acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
> cpu0 at
> mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
> cpu0: apic clock running at 133MHz
> cpu1 at
> mainbus0: apid 20 (application processor)
> cpu1: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5606
> 2.13GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 2.14 GHz
> cpu1:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUS
> H,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,NXE,LONG,SSE3,PCLMUL,MWAIT,DS-CPL,V
> MX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,DCA,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,POPCNT,AES,LAHF
> cpu2 at
> mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
> cpu2: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5606
> 2.13GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 2.14 GHz
> cpu2:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUS
> H,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,NXE,LONG,SSE3,PCLMUL,MWAIT,DS-CPL,V
> MX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,DCA,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,POPCNT,AES,LAHF
> cpu3 at
> mainbus0: apid 18 (application processor)
> cpu3: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5606
> 2.13GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 2.14 GHz
> cpu3:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUS
> H,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,NXE,LONG,SSE3,PCLMUL,MWAIT,DS-CPL,V
> MX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,DCA,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,POPCNT,AES,LAHF
> ioapic0
> at mainbus0: apid 8 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
> ioapic1 at mainbus0:
> apid 0 pa 0xfec80000, version 20, 24 pins
> acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 1 (IP2P)
> acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 3 (NIB1)
> acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 4 (PT01)
> acpiprt3 at
> acpi0: bus 5 (PT03)
> acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus 8 (PT04)
> acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus 11
> (PT05)
> acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus 14 (PT07)
> acpiprt7 at acpi0: bus 17 (PT09)
> acpiprt8 at acpi0: bus 20 (PT0A)
> acpiprt9 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
> acpicpu0 at
> acpi0: C3, C3, C1
> acpicpu1 at acpi0: C3, C3, C1
> acpicpu2 at acpi0: C3, C3, C1
> acpicpu3 at acpi0: C3, C3, C1
> acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 31
> degC
> bios0: ROM list: 0xc0000/0xb000 0xcb000/0x3600! 0xce600/0x1a00
> 0xd0000/0x4000 0xd4000/0x800
> ipmi at mainbus0 not configured
> pci0 at mainbus0
> bus 0: configuration mode 1 (bios)
> pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 5520
> Host" rev 0x13
> ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci1 at
> ppb0 bus 4
> ciss0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "Hewlett-Packard Smart Array" rev
> 0x01: apic 0 int 4
> ciss0: 1 LD, HW rev 2, FW 5.14/5.14, 64bit fifo rro
> scsibus0 at ciss0: 1 targets
> sd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <HP, LOGICAL
> VOLUME, 5.14> SCSI3 0/direct fixed
> sd0: 953816MB, 512 bytes/sector, 1953415216
> sectors
> ppb1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci2 at ppb1
> bus 23
> ppb2 at pci0 dev 3 function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci3 at ppb2
> bus 5
> mpii0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Symbios Logic SAS2008" rev 0x03: msi
> scsibus1 at mpii0: 258 targets
> st0 at scsibus1 targ 5 lun 0: <QUANTUM, ULTRIUM
> 5, 3180> SCSI4 1/sequential removable naa.00e09e60001d700e
> ppb3 at pci0 dev 4
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci4 at ppb3 bus 8
> ppb4 at pci0 dev 5
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci5 at ppb4 bus 11
> ppb5 at pci0 dev 6
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci6 at ppb5 bus 24
> ppb6 at pci0 dev 7
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci7 at ppb6 bus 14
> ppb7 at pci0 dev 8
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci8 at ppb7 bus 25
> ppb8 at pci0 dev 9
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci9 at ppb8 bus 17
> ppb9 at pci0 dev 10
> function 0 "Intel X58 PCIE" rev 0x13
> pci10 at ppb9 bus 20
> pchb1 at pci0 dev 13
> function 0 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x343a rev 0x13
> pchb2 at pci0 dev
> 13 function 1 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x343b rev 0x13
> pchb3 at pci0
> dev 13 function 2 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x343c rev 0x13
> pchb4 at
> pci0 dev 13 function 3 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x343d rev 0x13
> pchb5
> at pci0 dev 13 function 4 "Intel 5520/X58 QuickPath" rev 0x13
> pchb6 at pci0
> dev 13 function 5 "Intel 5520 QuickPath" rev 0x13
> pchb7 at pci0 dev 13
> function 6 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x341a rev 0x13
> pchb8 at pci0 dev
> 14 function 0 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x341c rev 0x13
> pchb9 at pci0
> dev 14 function 1 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x341d rev 0x13
> pchb10 at
> pci0 dev 14 function 2 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x341e rev 0x13
> pchb11
> at pci0 dev 14 function 3 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x341f rev 0x13
> pchb12 at pci0 dev 14 function 4 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x3439 rev
> 0x13
> "Intel X58 Misc" rev 0x13 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 not configured
> "Intel
> X58 GPIO" rev 0x13 at pci0 dev 20 function 1 not configured
> "Intel X58 RAS"
> rev 0x13 at pci0 dev 20 function 2 not configured
> ppb10 at pci0 dev 28
> function 0 "Intel 82801JI PCIE" rev 0x00
> pci11 at ppb10 bus 2
> ppb11 at pci11
> dev 0 function 0 "ServerWorks PCIE-PCIX" rev 0xb5
> pci12 at ppb11 bus 3
> bge0 at
> pci12 dev 4 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5715" rev 0xa3, BCM5715 A3 (0x9003): apic
> 8 int 16, address e8:39:35:b6:f3:7e
> brgphy0 at bge0 phy 1: BCM5714
> 10/100/1000baseT/SX PHY, rev. 0
> bge1 at pci12 dev 4 function 1 "Broadcom
> BCM5715" rev 0xa3, BCM5715 A3 (0x9003): apic 8 int 17, address
> e8:39:35:b6:f3:7f
> brgphy1 at bge1 phy 1: BCM5714 10/100/1000baseT/SX PHY, rev.
> 0
> uhci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 82801JI USB" rev 0x00: apic 8 int 20
> uhci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 82801JI USB" rev 0x00: apic 8 int 23
> uhci2 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 82801JI USB" rev 0x00: apic 8 int 22
> uhci3 at pci0 dev 29 function 3 "Intel 82801JI USB" rev 0x00: apic 8 int 23
> ehci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 7 "Intel 82801JI USB" rev 0x00: apic 8 int 20
> usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
> uhub0 at usb0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev
> 2.00/1.00 addr 1
> ppb12 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BA Hub-to-PCI"
> rev 0x90
> pci13 at ppb12 bus 1
> vga1 at pci13 dev 3 function 0 "ATI ES1000" rev
> 0x02
> wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0:
> screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> radeondrm0 at vga1: apic 8 int 23
> drm0 at radeondrm0
> "Compaq iLO" rev 0x03 at pci13 dev 4 function 0 not
> configured
> "Compaq iLO" rev 0x03 at pci13 dev 4 function 2 not configured
> uhci4 at pci13 dev 4 function 4 "Hewlett-Packard USB" rev 0x00: apic 8 int 22
> "Hewlett-Packard IPMI" rev 0x00 at pci13 dev 4 function 6 not configured
> usb1
> at uhci4: USB revision 1.0
> uhub1 at usb1 "Hewlett-Packard UHCI root hub" rev
> 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801JIB LPC" rev 0x00
> pciide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 5 "Intel 82801JI SATA" rev 0x00: DMA, channel
> 0 wired to native-PCI, channel 1 wired to native-PCI
> pciide0: using apic 8 int
> 17 for native-PCI interrupt
> atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 0
> scsibus2
> at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
> cd0 at scsibus2 targ 0 lun 0: <hp, DVD-RAM GH80N,
> RS00> ATAPI 5/cdrom removable
> cd0(pciide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA
> mode 5
> usb2 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
> uhub2 at usb2 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev
> 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb3 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
> uhub3 at usb3 "Intel UHCI
> root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb4 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
> uhub4 at usb4
> "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb5 at uhci3: USB revision 1.0
> uhub5 at usb5 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> isa0 at pcib0
> isadma0
> at isa0
> com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
> com1 at isa0
> port 0x2f8/8 irq 3: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
> com1: probed fifo depth: 0 bytes
> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 1 for
> kbd slot
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
> pms0 at pckbc0
> (aux slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot
> wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
> pcppi0 at
> isa0 port 0x61
> spkr0 at pcppi0
> npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0/16: reported by CPUID;
> using exception 16
> mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support
> uhidev0 at uhub1 port 1
> configuration 1 interface 0 "HP Virtual Keyboard" rev 1.10/0.02 addr 2
> uhidev0: iclass 3/1
> ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 modifier keys, 6 key codes, country
> code 33
> wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
> wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
> uhidev1 at
> uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1 "HP Virtual Keyboard" rev 1.10/0.02
> addr 2
> uhidev1: iclass 3/1
> ums0 at uhidev1: 3 buttons
> wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0
> vscsi0 at root
> scsibus3 at vscsi0: 256 targets
> softraid0 at root
> scsibus4 at
> softraid0: 256 targets
> root on sd0a (bb6e325a3437c0e5.a) swap on sd0b dump on
> sd0b