samba, perl and vendorarch etc [Re: special category for haskell ports]

From: Stuart Henderson (sthenopenbsd.org)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2014 - 07:47:15 CST

On 2014/12/16 21:23, Ian McWilliam wrote:
> * BUG 10472: Revert buildtools/wafadmin/Tools/perl.py back to upstream
> state.

With the next line too, this is
"We are reverting buildtools/wafadmin/Tools/perl.py back to upstream state.
Everything special is now in buildtools/wafsamba/samba_perl.py."

This looks like they are trying to move back to standard waf where possible
though, keeping samba-specific bits in separate files, surely that's a good thing..?

> https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=log;h=21764ef2249447cf480044486d6537ffbca6063d
>
> "pidl/wscript: remove --with-perl-* options
>
> These are not needed anymore as we have useful defaults now"
>
> Guess what those defaults are.......and they don't even come close to valid perl
> data, lib or site perl directories.........

https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=blob;f=buildtools/wafsamba/samba_perl.py;h=3909aba2ee47e5134c1609a385d26f1aa1e49b6b;hb=21764ef2249447cf480044486d6537ffbca6063d

This uses Config(3p) to fetch some directories, but we aren't setting
them e.g.

$ perl -V:vendorprefix -V:vendorarch -V:vendorlib
vendorprefix='';
vendorarch='';
vendorlib='';

Should we be?