Re: Staus of stacked softraid root (RAID1C for root)?

From: John Merriam (johnjohnmerriam.net)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2014 - 19:39:02 CDT

On 10/20/2014 4:42 PM, Ted Unangst wrote:
> Short answer: It doesn't work yet, and no idea when it will work.

Thanks for the replies. I will keep my eye out as to what is brewing.
If I find the time maybe I'll read the code and see what needs doing
with respect to RAID1C for root.

For now I'll forgo the RAID1 and just use the crypto. I _really_ like
the fact that OpenBSD encrypts as much as possible with softraid and
doesn't leave a /boot hanging out there like other systems do with an
encrypted root partition.

It's been a while since I've used OpenBSD. Like what I'm seeing, keep
up the great work! As you can see in my sig, I'm migrating away from
one of those other operating systems...

--

John Merriam - refugee from the land of systemd