Subject: Re: X server - Authentication failed
From: jkinoshipcs.usp.br
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 15:05:50 CDT

Hello Michael,

I am running redhat 6.0. The problema appeared after installing swatch (from
stanford). I solved the problem after trying a lot of hints from internet and
the problem was in /etc/pam.d/xserver
that was changed to:
#%PAM-1.0
# auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_rootok.so
# auth required /lib/security/pam_console.so
auth required /lib/security/pam_permit.so
account required /lib/security/pam_permit.so

I appreciate if you can explain why all this stuff happed...
It was working before... What happened?
Thanks,

Jorge Kinoshita.