From: Andreas Hasenack (andreasconectiva.com.br)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 11:45:35 CST

    Em Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 02:02:39PM -0200, Andreas Hasenack escreveu:
    > Hi, I'm having a trouble with su and pam-0.75 (with absolutely
    > no patches, just the original tarball).
    >
    > As a regular user, I can su to root as usual, just giving
    > root's password. I can also su from a regular user to another
    > one without problems.
    >
    > BUT, as root, I cannot su at all, getting this prmission denied error:

    Well, I took a look at redhat's pam package and found 50 (fifty) patches to
    the original Linux-PAM-0.75.tar.gz, around 360Kb of patches.

    I applied all of them and it started working. So, is this a bug in linux-pam?
    Is there a 0.76 release around the corner? Hmm, I tried the CVS version and
    it also didn't work, so the right patch (one or more among those 50) isn't
    in CVS.

    Is someone else using "pristine" linux-pam out there? Are you having this
    su problem too?