From: Nicolas Williams (Nicolas.Williamsubsw.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 14:11:32 CST

    On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 01:37:21PM -0500, Mike Gerdts wrote:
    > Of course, this has to have some cooperation from things that may want
    > to update the credential cache with something like:
    >
    > open(/tmp/newfile)
    > write(newfile, data)
    > close(newfile)
    > rename(/tmp/newfile, /tmp/oldfile)

    seteuid(user's uid);
    newfile=mktemp("/tmp/krb5cc_uid_XXXXXXXX");
    krb5_cc_default(...);
    krb5_cc_store_creds(...);
    link("/tmp/krb5cc_uid", newfile);

    > Perhaps that last part is the deal breaker on this scheme.

    Not really, though with default ccache names there's the threat of
    symlink races...

    > Mike

    I like this,

    Nico

    --
    -DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-
    -and copy this message.-

    This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

    E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This message is provided for informational purposes and should not be construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments.