PAM Support in Redhat 6.2

From: Mark Sasse (MSasserentsmart.com.au)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 01:29:30 CDT

Hi All,

I'm a newbie as far as PAM is concerned. I have been trying to use limits
via the limits.conf file in Redhat 6.2 to specify how many logins can occur
with each login (e.g. root can login 3 times). Can someone please tell me
if PAM is enabled by default in Redhat 6.2. If it is, I am currently using
the /etc/pam.d/ directory to store configuration files for each service. I
have attached the login one as this is the one not working.

#%PAM-1.0
auth required /lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth required /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session required /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session optional /lib/security/pam_console.so

Many Thanks,

Mark