php-general Digest 24 Oct 2007 13:10:26 -0000 Issue 5089

php-general-digest-helplists.php.net
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 08:10:26 CDT

php-general Digest 24 Oct 2007 13:10:26 -0000 Issue 5089

Topics (messages 263587 through 263594):

Re[PHP] direct to an IP address but keep the URL name
        263587 by: tnorton

Re: Looking for a framework
        263588 by: Larry Garfield
        263589 by: mike

docs.google.com how do the export ?
        263590 by: Torsten Rosenberger
        263591 by: Bojan Tesanovic

Close a session knowing it's ID (not the current session)
        263592 by: Stefano Esposito
        263593 by: Richard Heyes

CURL + Frames, fopen + remote sessions
        263594 by: jenix

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        php-general-digest-subscribelists.php.net

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        php-general-digest-unsubscribelists.php.net

To post to the list, e-mail:
        php-generallists.php.net

attached mail follows:

I have a web site hosted at http://rexel.adam.com.au, which has basically the
home page only on it.

My main site is at http://210.8.133.142 with the major links on the home
page going to http://210.8.133.142/index.php and
http://210.8.133.142/classes/phpbb3/

I would like to make the web page address show as
http://rexel.adam.com.au/IntegratorSupport and
http://rexel.adam.com.au/Forum respectivally.

I have been looking at loaction.replace but not getting far.

Tim Norton

attached mail follows:

I don't think any really integrate with PHP better or worse than others, since
all of them can only speak HTTP. I will say that in my professional PHP work
I've standardized on jQuery because jQuery itself rocks, and doesn't try to
turn Javascript into some language it isn't. The fact that it's also
integrated by default into Drupal, a leading PHP CMS and the one I use daily,
made that decision somewhat easier. :-)

On Tuesday 23 October 2007, Merlin wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> thanx for the hint. I looked into those two. They seem to provide the
> functionality I am looking for. The reason I did post it here in the PHP
> forum, is that I want to select a framework that will work with PHP for
> deaper AJAX integration. There are so many ones out there, like for
> example prototype or the sript.aculo.us and the jquery that I am not
> sure which to pick. I am worried about that I might pick the wrong wagon
> and have to switch to another one later on.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Merlin
>
> Dave Goodchild schrieb:
> > You mean a javscript library? If so, check out jquery and moo.fx.
> >
> > On 10/23/07, Merlin <ngroupsfastmail.fm> wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I am looking for a framework to integrate some AJAX Functionality into
> >> my PHP4 MySQL Apache webapp. First thing I would like to do, is an edit
> >> function that opens up a layer with an edit field and shifts the content
> >> underneath further down.
> >>
> >> I had a look on prototype and sript.aculo.us but could not get the
> >> desired function with the edit field.
> >>
> >> Thank you in advance for any hint on this and maybe a few tipps how to
> >> get it startet.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>
> >> Merlin
> >>
> >> --

Larry Garfield AIM: LOLG42
larrygarfieldtech.com ICQ: 6817012

of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it." -- Thomas
Jefferson

attached mail follows:

On 10/23/07, Larry Garfield <larrygarfieldtech.com> wrote:
> I don't think any really integrate with PHP better or worse than others, since
> all of them can only speak HTTP. I will say that in my professional PHP work
> I've standardized on jQuery because jQuery itself rocks, and doesn't try to
> turn Javascript into some language it isn't. The fact that it's also
> integrated by default into Drupal, a leading PHP CMS and the one I use daily,
> made that decision somewhat easier. :-)

agreed.

jquery is the basis for any of my javascript needs.
then extjs or interface for any eye candy. haven't really decided yet
which i prefer.

php framework wise haven't found one that i think is decent. i just
use my own basic framework that has served me well for years.

attached mail follows:

Hello

I watched docs.google.com an wonder how they can export the
WYSIWYG created content in pdf, word, ...
Are they working with COM() functions on Windows ? to generate the docs
and pdf
or is it possible to create them with XSLT

BR Torsten

attached mail follows:

Hi there,

I guess they have some sort of mapping between HTML generated and PDF
or Word syntax.

There is a PDF extension for PHP
so generaly they would do something like

<h1>Hello There</h1>
Some text Here !!!

this can be easily converted to PDF

$PDF = new PdfDoc();
$page_1 = $PDF->addPage();
$page_1->addText('Hello There','22'); // eg 22px default for H1 element
$page_1->newLine();
$page_1->addText('Some Text Here!!!','14','green');

$PDF->save('sample.pdf');

P.S. methods for PfdDoc class was just sample ones

for more info on PDF and PHP
http://pear.php.net/package/File_PDF
http://pecl.php.net/package/pdflib

On Oct 24, 2007, at 8:35 AM, Torsten Rosenberger wrote:

> Hello
>
> I watched docs.google.com an wonder how they can export the
> WYSIWYG created content in pdf, word, ...
> Are they working with COM() functions on Windows ? to generate the
> docs
> and pdf
> or is it possible to create them with XSLT
>
> BR Torsten
>
> --

Bojan Tesanovic
http://www.classicio.com/
http://www.real-estates-sale.com/

attached mail follows:

Hi all,

i'd like that "admin" users on my site could close the session of another user, immediately forbidding him the access to the site (beside i'd delete the login of the user). Anyway of doing it using the default PHP session handler (i.e. whithout using a db to store sessions)?

--
Stefano Esposito

 Sponsor:
 Prestiti e Finanziamenti con un semplice click, scopri subito se sei finanziabile cliccando qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2910&d=24-10

attached mail follows:

<?php
     unlink('/tmp/sess_' . session_id());
?>

You'll need to know the session_id of the session you want to close. The
code above closes/ends the current users session, but simply substitute
the desired session id (of course you'll need to know this in advance)
for the call to session_id().

--
Richard Heyes
+44 (0)800 0213 172

Knowledge Base and HelpDesk software
that can cut the cost of online support

attached mail follows:

Hi,

When using CURL to access a page with frames I get the "Your browser does
not appear to support frames" error. How can get around this? Is there
special header info that can be added? Also, if I were using fopen can
anyone offer sample code how to login to remote site and deal with remote
session info? Thanks!

Jennifer