Postfix Archives: questions regarding aliases database configur

questions regarding aliases database configuration

Subject: questions regarding aliases database configuration
From: Christopher T. Beers (cbeersbu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 10:22:58 CST

All:
        My problem lies in the fact that the aliases file which contain

logreaders:root
root:cbeersbu.edu

does not do local resolution. By this I mean, that the alias logreaders
should resolve to the root alias which is cbeersbu.edu. If I change
logreaders: root

logreaders: cbeersbu.edu

the mail is sent correctly.

So my problem is easy to fix. However, I have about 30 aliases and would
like to be able to change just one line to have all aliases go there. I
have included variable that may be a factor from my main.cf file.

Hope this helps someone.

myhostname = ubik.bu.edu
myorigin = bu.edu
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain
alias_maps = dbm:/etc/aliases
alias_database = dbm:/etc/aliases
local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
virtual_maps = dbm:/etc/postfix/virtual

Christopher T. Beers Systems Analyst Administrator I
Office of Information Technology - Boston University
111 Cummington Street (617)353-8248
Boston, MA 02215 (617)353-6260 fax