Subject: Re: Implementing ETRN?
From: Christopher E. Brown (cbrowndenalics.net)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 19:28:25 CST

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, LaMont Jones wrote:

> > Can anyone give me tips on implementing ETRN with Postfix?
>
> If you mean making it so that ETRN will cause your mail to be delivered,
> that's already there. If you mean making it so that ETRN _won't_ walk
> the entire queue, attempting delivery on everything, then that relies
> on a rather significant overhaul of the queues that is still a ways down
> Wietse's list, if I understand things correctly...
>
> lamont

        Isn't there an implied DoS here? Find and address that will
stick in the queue, or say hit the backup MX that is queueing for a
down primary MX, and keep hitting it with ETRNs?

 ---
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
        --About the Internet and nuclear war.