Subject: Re: Implementing ETRN?
From: Christopher E. Brown (cbrowndenalics.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 13:09:43 CST

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Wietse Venema wrote:

> Christopher E. Brown:
> > Isn't there an implied DoS here? Find and address that will
> > stick in the queue, or say hit the backup MX that is queueing for a
> > down primary MX, and keep hitting it with ETRNs?
>
> Excuse me, the Postfix code is written by someone with a clue.
>
> You can send thousands of ETRNs in a second and it will have the
> same effect as sending just one.
>
> Wietse

        No insult, as I said, implied not is. As some would
say, the question had to be asked. :)

        Happy to know the worst they can do is mildly increase the
load on a postfix system.

---
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
        --About the Internet and nuclear war.